- All human beings are governed by three gunas or qualities.
- They are Tamas, Rajas and Sattva which stem from the essential aspects of nature – energy, matter and consciousness.
- Another unique ability vested on a human being is the ability to consciously alter the levels of these gunas in the body and mind.
- The gunas cannot be removed or separated but they can be consciously enhanced or diminished through the influence of material objects and the manner of living by constantly bringing awareness to the thoughts and actions
Tamas is a state of inertia and inactivity – gratification of the five senses. Tamas is symbolized by darkness and stems from ignorance, distracting humans from their spiritual growth. To reduce Tamas avoid tamasic food, sleeping too much, overeating, inactivity, passivity and fearful situations
- Tamasic food includes meat and food that is spoiled, chemically treated, processed or refined. Onions, garlic and green chillies contain natural steroids and are therefore tamasic in nature.
- Rajas is a state of energy, activity and change which strongly binds us to the fruits of our effort, resulting in longing and attachments.
- To reduce Rajas avoid rajasic food, over exercising, over work, loud music, too much thinking and pursuit of material objects.
- Rajasic food includes spicy and fried foods and stimulants.
- Sattva is a state of intelligence, balance, contentment and bliss. Sattva reduces both tamas and rajas, making enlightenment achievable. To enhance Sattva reduce Tamas and Rajas.
- The Chinese believe that the chi or life force in our body is less when we consume meat and so do theIndians with their ancient yogic principles, their life force was called prana.
- The purpose of preparing the baby’s body with the right biomemories essentially works towards reducing the violence and aggression levels.
- Science has proved in the laboratory, that aggression levels are much higher in meat eaters than non-meat eaters! The animal instincts become more powerful every time you eat meat.
- Kirilian photography shows us that a force field remains around dead or amputated tissue. You adopt that animal aura when you eat a dead animal..
- Fruits and vegetables have a higher vibrational aura than animal products.